With the national holiday fast approaching China is planning a number of spectacular ways to celebrate the week long vacation, but this has to be the most awesome of all.
Instead of a firework show, as well as a high-tech laser fountain show and just over a week after the Moon Cake munching Mid Autumn day, China has decided to launch it’s second lunar orbiter.
Chang’e 2 as the probe is named is already sitting at the Xichang Satellite launch center waiting for it’s 1st October launch aboard a Chinese LM-3B Rocket.
The probes main responsibility while orbiting the moon is to take high resolution photos so scientist can prepare for the landing of the next probe (Chang’e 3) on the lunar surface.
Log in to the Gizchina Forums
Subscribe for free daily updates!
Keep up with all the latest Chinese phone and gadget news by subscribing to the Gizchina feed! No spam guaranteed!
Recent Forum Topics
- Help Gizchina get more Facebook fans!
- Where to buy from: jiayuofficial vs jiayumobileshop
- 4" Phones
- [Xiaomi MI2S] Pros and cons (Question)
- Please help me select the best 8 inch tablet?
- Phone under 120$
- Quad Core Phone with good display, FullHD videos recording and LED Flash cam
- LTE network phones. Worth waiting for?