Full specifications, details and photos of the Gionee Elife S5.5, the worlds thinnest Android smartphone! Yesterday evening Chinese phone maker Gionee launched their latest Android smartphone, a 5.5mm thin device with octacore processor. Full details of the phone have now been released so we’ll try our best to fill you in with all the specifications and answer your questions about the phone.
Gionee Elife S5.5 full specifications – World’s thinnest smartphone
Below I have written a few common questions about the Gionee Elife S5.5. If your question is asked here then the specifications table below might have the answer, if that fails then feel free to ask in the comments sections and I will do my best to find the answer.
- What are the dimensions of the Gionee Elife S5.5? The Gionee Elife S5.5 measures in at 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm and weighs 130g.
- What colours will be available? Polar while, and Los Angeles nigh falls black.
- What processor does the Elife S5.5 have? Gionee have gone for a Mediatek chipset in their latest phone. The Gionee Elife S5.5 packs an octacore MT6592 SoC running at 1.7Ghz.
- What Antutu score is the Elife S5.5 capable of? Antutu scores are 23,825.
- Cool, does the Gionee Elife S5.5 have dual SIM? While most Mediatek phones do have dual SIM, the 5.55mm body on the Gionee made this impossible. So, no only single sim.
- What networks are supported by the Elife S5.5? There will be two versions of the phone a 3G model and a 4G LTE version. We only have the network support details for the 3G model for now which are; TD-SCDMA: 1900/2000, WCDMA:850/1900/2100, GSM: 900/1800/1900.
- How much memory does is have? There is 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal memory.
- Is there room for an external SD card? No, the Gionee Elife S5.5 does not have a SD card slot.
- Is there OTG? Yes.
- What size is the display and what is the resolution? The Elife 5.5 has a 5-inch FHD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and pixel density of 441ppi.
- Does the Gionee Elife S5.5 have Gorilla Glass? Yes, it uses Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Can I use the phone with gloves? Yes.
- How big is the battery on the Gionee Elife S5.5? The battery is larger than you would expect for such a thin phone. Gionee have managed to get a 2300mAh battery inside.
- How long will the battery last? Officially the battery will last for 27 hours of talk time over GSM, 22 hours over 3G, 7 hours of internet, 10 hours of video, or 35 hours of music.
- What connectivity options does it have? As well as the above mentioned cellular networks the Gionee Elife S5.5 has Bluetooth 4.0, Micro USB 2.0, OTG, 3.5mm headphone jack, WIFI, WIFI display and WIFI direct plus GPS.
- What rear camera does the Elife S5.5 have? Gionee have only told us it is a 13 mega-pixel unit. We don’t know the aperture or brand of the camera yet.
- What is the front camera? 5 mega-pixel with a wide-angle 95 degree lens for awesome selfies.
- What version of Android is on the phone? Android 4.2.
- Is there a custom ROM? Yes, Gionee have installed Amigo 2.0 on the Elife S5.5, the same system found on the flagship Elife E7.
- When will the Gionee Elife S5.5 go on sale? In China the 3G version will go on sale in March 2014, the 4G LTE version will launch in June.
- How much is the Gionee Elife S5.5? Pricing for China starts at 2300 Yuan ($370)
- Will Gionee launch the Elife S5.5 outside of China? Yes, they plan to launch the phone in the following countries. Mexico, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Russia, Italy, Spain, Romania, Ukraine, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan, LeBannon, Qatar, Africa, China, Taiwan, HongKong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and a few others.
Gionee Elife S5.5 PhotosPhoto source ]
Gionee Slife S5.5 Specifications
Gionee Elife E5.5
|Release Date||March 2014|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
Amigo 2.0 ROM
|Other||4G LTE version coming June|
|Rear camera||13 mega-pixel|
|Video||1080 @ 30fps|
|Front camera||5 mega-pixel|
|Where to buy|
Everything you need to know about the Gionee Elife S5.5
I hope that this answers all your questions about the Gionee Elife S5.5, if you have any others please ask in the comments and I will do my best to answer them. What do you think of this Question Answer of format? Would you like other phones to be highlighted in a similar way?[ Gionee ]