Megawheels latest TW01 is an hoverboard aimed both at beginners and experienced people. It has a very simple design but an above average build quality. Megawheels have made small improvements over the design of older hoverboards and came out with a product that should satisfy everybody.
Let’s now have a closer look at the Megawheels TW01 main features and safety measures.
Megawheels’ hoverboard is available in five different colors: black, white, red, blue or carbon fiber. So you have many options to choose from.
Samsung Lithium Ion Battery
The Megawheels TW01 hoverboard is equipped with Samsung lithium ion batteries which have passed CE, RoHS & TUV certifications. The battery is also placed in a fireproof case so that you can’t damage it and cause fire hazards.
In addition to that, a smart battery management allows the battery to perform better and last longer.
As you may expect from a self-balancing board, the stabilization is pretty crucial. The TW01 employs high quality stabilization gear to prevent you from falling over then riding it.
350W * 2 Motor System
The hoverboard is equipped with two powerful 350W motors which provide excellent maneuverability.
Now that we know the hoverboards specifications, what does make the Megawheels TW01 actually good? Here are some points.
With 6.5-inch big tires, the TW01 is really easy to maneuver, it’s quick and precise.
Durable Exterior (ABS + PC)
If this is your first hoverboard then you’ll be happy to know the TW01 is made with very durable ABS + PC materials. Keeping it intact even after accidental crashes.
The Megawheels TW01 isn’t the cheapest hoverboard on the market, but it’s durability and the possibility of riding it on different kind of terrains, make it a very interesting product for the price.
Safe Lithium Batteries
This self-balancing scooter is fueled by a Samsung lithium battery which will prevent the hoverboard from catching on fire or exploding, they’re also very durable with a long life span.
Shipping & Tax Free (DPD + UPS Free shipping)
Megawheels have built a storage system in Europe & USA, so if you drop an order, they will ship you with DPD for free (from their German warehouse) or UPS also free (from USA warehouse). Your order will also be tax free, that means you do not need to pay any extra fees.
1 Year Warranty, EU + USA After Service Supported
Megawheels have after-sale service centers in Germany, Britain, Spain, Russia & United State, which can guarantee support to customers when needed. But more importantly, the product comes with a 1 year warranty.
What to consider before buying an hoverboard?
While style and brand name may be the first thing you are attracted to when wanting to purchase a self-balancing electric scooter, there are other things than looks that need to be considered before making this kind of investment.
- Look for brands that offer warranties, customer support, and from places that have a return policy. If a company is willing to provide you with a new product in case of an emergency and they are standing behind their product, it is most likely because their product works.
- Check local laws, especially because of the destruction that some hoverboards have caused; your local police department might have set up laws restricting where you can ride your hoverboards.
- Battery Certification is an important thing to consider before purchasing a hoverboard, without this certification batteries are more likely to catch on fire without any safety precautions taken.
- Charge time and battery life is another thing that can sometimes go unresearched. Because this transportation device is going to be carrying your body weight, you need to keep in mind that these things can take a couple of hours to get a full charge.
- Durability is another thing to consider before making this large purchase. Especially at the beginning level, you are bound to fall off and crash your hoverboard, so you want to ensure that the outer casing is durable, and will not break upon impact.
After taking these things into consideration, it is safe to say that you will be able to find the best hoverboard for your self-balancing riding needs.
The Megawheels TW01 scores well on all of these points, so you should definitely consider getting it if you were looking for this kind of vehicle. It doesn’t cost too much and pretty much everybody can ride it. The hoverboard has a range 12 miles and a maximum speed of 8mph.
Bonus Video: Megawheel Hoverboard unboxing & review