Looking for phones with wcdma 900/2100

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  pa5t1s 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Mapach81

Im looking for a quad core 2gb ram phone that uses both 900 and 2100mhz wcdma. Am i searching for the holy grail? Cant seem to find any… Just 850/2100 and i really need the 900mhz to suit my operator.
    So if anyone knows a phone with these specs, please let me know.

Thanks guys/girls!

Magnus

Dangi
    Participant

Umi X2 900 / 2100

THL W11 850 / 2100

pa5t1s
    Participant

Verne (Vowney) V5 should be 900/2100 Mhz.
    Umi S1 too, afaik.
    Anyway, don’t expect much infos from resellers’ site :/ they ‘just’ mention ‘2100Mhz’. Try to zoom on provided pictures to check indications (under the battery, near Model Number and IMEI, if any).
    Good luck :D

Anonymous

hi. sory andi and GIZCHINA, just promote my phone HTC one clone

If someone want, just contact me : nicky.pw@gmail.com

here the link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/111164813995

the last bidder dont have money to pay. LOL bidder

PRICE negotiate. thanks

Mapach81

After a long time searching, I finally found TCL phones that matches my criteria. Now I just have to find a shop with decent prices too. By the way, Is TCL a good manufacturer? Would be nice to be able to update to KitKat in the future so I hope they support their phones.

Konged
      Participant

Pretty decent, its Alcatel really. Same devices except they come out 6 months in china before they reach shelves outside china as Alcatel. I have friends who have both the idol x s950 and the older thinner s850 idol ultra. both decent for their price when they were released in china. if you do go for one, i suggest you get it root as it may be trouble to get it gapps otherwise, sellers like etotalk and merimobiles do it as a service and i suggest you do. you could bite the bullet and just get the alcatel versions and pay a bit more if your desired model is already alcatel-ed. i the the idol x is out this week as alcatel and they also releasing an lte idol s thats a snap 400 series budget model.

btw, any tcl models you buy from resellers are effectively grey imports into your country. do not expect alcatel to know anything about them should you need servicing. we found out the hard way with the root issue.

Mapach81

Thanks for the heads up Konged. It seems like there is no official importer of Alcatel here in Sweden, so the one’s you can get hold of over here is grey(ish) anyway. Do you know if they share the same firmware? In that case the TCL phone looks like a good deal. Not so fond of built in batteries, but the Idol X looks sweet enough to replace my aging Gs2. ;)

Konged
      Participant

No the ROMs are different between the TCL and Alcatel equivalents. Although I guess they are compatible but this is another reason why you must get the TCL version root else you could find yourself stuck in Chinese online ecosphere.

Actually if you want to play safe, alcatel have launched an official site alcatelonetouchshopping that is selling the Idol x or Idol s at 299 Euro + postage and I guess if you buy from there you will also get official warranty. Its more expensive than doing a grey import thats probably around 299 USD asking price + postage.

Anonymous

hi.

I just want to sell my NEW HTC one clone.
    bought @hongkong

New, Never use — will ship to all country – free DHL Ship

If someone want, just contact me : nicky.pw@gmail.com
    here the link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/111164813995
    the last bidder dont have money to pay. LOL bidder
    PRICE negotiate. thanks

Espresso
    Participant

MT6589 can support all frequencies.

But you need the correct modem chipset combined…and thats depending what Mediatek delivers.

Any phone with the V7 modem can be tweaked.
    Radio = MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V7.P3 = 850/900/1900/2100 WCDMA

pa5t1s
      Participant

@Espresso
      Your comment is quite interesting and you seem to be well informed! Please, can you give us more details/infos/links/tricks about that? Much appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.