Zopo 3X: Zopo rename their flagship and offer it for $100 less with 16GB memory

zopo 3x

Zopo have given their updated and renamed flagship Zopo ZP999 another new name, less memory and lower price to make it the most affordable MT6595 phone on sale.

Previously Zopo announced their updated Zopo ZP999 Lion Heart as a $399 alternative to the Meizu MX4 with more ram, larger display, removable battery, and lower price. Now they have given it a new name and an even lower price tag of just $299!

Looking over the hardware it seems that all Zopo have done to reduce the cost by $100 is give the phone a new name, Zopo X3, and just 16GB internal memory instead of 32GB. To make matters more confusing there was already a low-cost version of the ZP999 that was for China Mobile TD LTE only but that had 2GB RAM, the X3 has 3GB RAM.

Gizchina News of the week

To recap the Zopo X3 has an octacore MT6595M processor, 3GB RAM, 16GB memory, 5.5-inch 1080 display, and 14 mega-pixel camera. As long as the firmware isnโ€™t buggy like it was in the past it sounds like a good deal to us.

Hat tip to Skanjos over on the GizChina.com forums for finding this.

[ Zopo Mobile Shop ]
Previous 32GB MX4 on sale in China from the 18th November
Next Finally! A rugged phone with hardware we can actually use!

33 Comments

1. claude
    November 17, 2014

Where we can find it , in stock, at this price ?

2. HerOld
    November 17, 2014

Wow, now for the same price as the better MX4! Chapeau! lol

• Airyl
      November 17, 2014

Unless you’re in China, you can’t get the MX4 for that price.

3. Adam Irvine
    November 17, 2014

Nice… now I’ll buy one for my missis christmas present ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Jason45
    November 17, 2014

It’s the MT6595M version right, a bit underclocked I believe.

5. Konstantinos Natsios
    November 17, 2014

thanks for the hat tip andi, hoping the new forum will get more active ๐Ÿ™‚

6. jasneskis
    November 17, 2014

GOSH… I thought you’ll had gone onto the phone selling business with that ‘add to cart space’ a top of article. Too bad it is a fake because I still don’t know where to order to try this out. Where are the specks?

7. November 17, 2014

I could buy this as a second phone to my ZTE Nubia z7 Max. Not bad really. Was thinking of getting the Meizu MX4 but I’m considering this now.

• mf1gt3r
      November 18, 2014

My brother. Buy you mx4 oh. You will never regret it.

• November 18, 2014

It’s the price and disadvantage of no SD card that’s scaring me off. If no SD card, I need at least 32GB built in ROM. Might consider that though.

8. Paul
    November 17, 2014

Never again a ZOPO for me!

• Stefan
      November 17, 2014

I agree. Wouldn’t take the shit even if it was free. Fuck ZOPO!

• Rachel Beinish
      November 17, 2014

Please tell me why, because this phone is very interesting to me. I turned down three One Plus invites because I wanted micro SD, removable battery and rounded corners. What should I be worried about concerning Zopo?

• Airyl
        November 17, 2014

So far I’ve had fairly good experience from Zopo. I haven’t used many of their recent phones though, but I’ve used the ZP780 and that left a pretty good impression as well.

• Nozopo
        November 18, 2014

My zp810 always had problems. Sometimes it lost connection and it was necessary to remove the battery to make it connect again. GPS had some issues and required fiddling with it from time to time. And after about eight months the phone had “Sleep of death”. When I was about to by zp998 I found out that some phones had poor GPS connection because of a problem with GPS antenna contacts. To solve it one have to take zp998 apart. And after I found that a model from ZOPO had the same problem with GPS antenna a few years ago, I choose to by LG g pro 2.

• Muneeb Ali
        November 21, 2014

Dont buy zopo, ive had a very bad experience with them, bought 990+ and 990 plus a 998 for various members of my family. 998 has GPS issues, 990+ has no software support….battery issues for both…..GPS for all three….network issues for all three…and worst of all zopo has absolutely no customer support at all!!!!….i would advised you to go for something else….iuni u3 is a good option..seems like one atleast…..or go for one plus or even z7 max…

• MoChY
          January 5, 2015

Problems with gps because have others mediatek, but I have now a meizu mx4 with this same mediatek and it works perfectly without lag.

• Rachel Beinish
        November 21, 2014

Thank everyone for sharing! Back to the search…

• Ante Brozovic
      November 17, 2014

I have ZP810 year and a half old. It has hardware defects like sleep of death (after 6 months) and for a past month flickering display (can’t look at it for long). So no ZOPO for me again.

9. ื—ืชื•ืœ ืชืขืœื•ืœ
    November 17, 2014

The MT6595M is a dealbreaker if you’re interested in a phone for a long-term use. Graphics-wise it has almost no improvement over the MT6592 (MT6592 equals 41Gflops & MT6595m does 55~Gflops. on the CPU the only negative is that it doesn’t support 64Bit which is a must-have for the long term use (1-2 years usable)

• desponent
      November 17, 2014

Why is 64 bit “must have”?

• November 18, 2014

I’m wondering same thing here. After all a lot of people are still using 32 bit windows despite the introduction of 64 bit many years ago. Not everyone needs the muscle of 64 bit and besides, 32 bit will do everything that 64 bit will do. Just about 10% to 15% slower.

And the GPU don’t do 55~Gflops. It actually does 76.8Gflops which is quite better than the GPU in the MT6592 but not anywhere close to the Adreno 330.

• ื—ืชื•ืœ ืชืขืœื•ืœ
        November 18, 2014

It’s simple.. the mobile world is changing alot faster than the PC world…I think that just as it has been done with the move from GB to ICS (alot of API changes and the new Holo) Devs will drop 32Bit support for their apps as soon as the next android (Android M?) will arrive and you will probably stay with a very limited Play store phone. I remember that when ICS went out and i wanted to stay with GB on my SGS2 (it was more stable back at the times) and stayed with a very limited Play store and support from devs in about 2 months

• desponent
          November 18, 2014

HW adoption is not as fast as software update. CPU architecture is also very different problem than API change on google’s whim and usually handled seamlessly on higher level abstraction. Just like Linux, Android is probably going to be able to run 32 bit app on 64 bit OS with simple additional libraries.

10. mf1gt3r
    November 18, 2014

Regarding the MT6595, it is the best performer in Q3 of 2014 according to Antutu. The Meizu MX4 topped entries from Samsung and LG. I guess the Google Nexus 6 will dethrone it in Q4.

11. November 18, 2014

ื–ื•ืคื• ? ื•ืœื”ื•ืฆื™ื ืขืœ ื–ื•ืคื• 300$ ? ืžืžืฉ ืžืžืฉ ืœื !!! ืื’ื‘ ืื™ื–ื• ื—ื•ืฆืคื” ืžืฆื™ื“ื ืœื“ืจื•ืฉ ืชื’ ืžื—ื™ืจ ืฉื›ื–ื”.

12. Don Rogers
    November 18, 2014

Bought my wife a zp520 not the most exciting phone but it works well with no problems but battery life not great. I am really waiting for the Jiayu S3 but this X3 is very tempting at $299, I will wait for the S3 release before making decision.

13. Dean Plush
    November 18, 2014

fuck zopo, my touchscreen stopped working, shit!!!!

14. Kamui
    November 18, 2014

Haha that came fast and was SOOOO obvious! Finally that crappy brand accepted that THEY CANT sell phones the same price as the big guys (Xiaomi, Meizu, One PLus…) You must first reach their support and quality level, but that’s not even close for ZOPO and Umi (yep Umi followed the same “discount strategy” for their Umi Zero)

15. Ren
    November 18, 2014

I agree with the other comments, I would NEVER buy another Zopo phone. The network stopped working on mine after only a few months and a quick Google will reveal that this problem is extremely common and there are no solutions, no updates and no support. Apparently zopo knows about this problem and have not done anything about it.

16. The Chosen One
    November 19, 2014

As per zopomobileshop who are licensed sellers of Zopo both models of the ZP 999 are available.
    The Lion Heart has 32GB ROM ($399.99) and the 3X has 16GB ROM ($299.99)
    My personal experience with Zopo has been fine so far. I had the ZP900 Leader for sometime with zero issues then I upgraded to the ZP998 which for me was great haven’t experienced any of the reported issues except for battery life issues which were resolved with the KitKat upgrade that Zopo released.
    With electronics I never buy the 1st production run of any device but always buy 4+ months after the item is available for purchase. In that way most if not all of the reported issues have been resolved and with that I haven’t had any issues

17. ChecchoT
    November 19, 2014

is screen quality similar to meizu’s mx4?

18. kerem
    April 15, 2015

I wont buy zopo again. I used Zopo ZP980 for 1,5 year but power button isnt working now, speaker is not working. and finally today Touch Screen is not working. I`m not recommend to Zopo. and I WONT BUY AGAIN.