Days after the unveiling of the mid-range Helio P series (P30 and P23), Mediatek at the India Mobile Congress 2017 in Delhi has introduced a new MT6739 SoC – a high-speed quad-core System on Chip (SoC) designed to cater for India’s ever increasing 4G market.
Like the recently announced Helio P30, the MT6739 comes with support for advanced World Mode LTE Cat.4 modem, dual camera photography and displays with 1440×720 pixels – 720p resolutions and 18:9 aspect ratio.
Highlights of MediaTek MT6739 SoC
Gizchina News of the week
- 1.5 GHz ARM quad-core Cortex-A53 64-bit CPUs
- 570MHz IMG PowerVR GE8100 GPU
- Up to 3GB LPDDR3 (667MHz) RAM, eMMC 5.1 storage
- 1080p, 30fps video playback, H.265 and legacy H.264
- 1080p, 30fps H.264 video recording
- 13MP camera image signal processor with Faster NR, AF, Luma/Chroma Noise Reduction, Native dual camera function
- Display support up to HD+ 1440×720 resolution
- WorldMode LTE FDD/TDD Cat-4 (DL) / Cat-5 (UL) modem with integrated RF to support C2K SRLTE, VoLTE and Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) with either 4G+4G (L+L) or 4G+3G (L+W)
- Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, FDD / TDD LTE, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Cat-4 DL (up to 150 Mbps) / Cat-5 UL (up to 50 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+Glonass, GPS+Beidou, FM Radio
Commenting on the launch, General Manager of International Corporate Sales, MediaTek, Dr. Finbarr Moynihan said the latest offering from Mediatek allows OEMs and ODMs to create 4G-entry smartphones that deliver premium features that provide high-end value at affordable prices.
He further said the chipset will make its debut on Smartphones in India and the global market by the end of this year.