Despite betting on a very different design for one of its latest flagship phones, OnePlus ultimately limited its users to the available colors. OnePlus 7T came in just two colors (Frosted Black and Glacier Blue), while the Pro variant arrived only in Haze Blue.
However, new information has revealed that the manufacturer has a surprise for its fans. OnePlus product designer Hao Ran has published a photograph on his Chinese social network account Weibo revealing a possible new color for the OnePlus 7T.
A new color will arrive as a breath of fresh air for OnePlus 7T fans
In the photograph published by the designer, we can see the OnePlus 7T in a metallic gold hue, which shows different shades depending on the viewing angle.
Gizchina News of the week
Allegedly, this was one of the colors tested during the smartphone development phase. However, possibly because it is too “flashy”, it did not come out as one of its original colors. Considering it was shared by the designer, it is possible that the brand is considering launching the OnePlus 7T in metallic gold as a limited edition.
No information on possible colors has been revealed for the Pro variant. However, as it was launched in just one color, it is expected that it will also receive new shades in order to get users’ attention once again.
OnePlus 7T Specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP + 16MP + 12MP rear camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.94×74.44×8.13mm; Weight: 190g
- USB Type-C audio,Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T fast charging (5V/6A)