Sony today announced two new flagship new machines, Xperia 1 II and Xperia Pro. In addition, the company also released the mid-range Xperia 10 II. This could be the best-selling product of the three new smartphones. The Sony Xperia 10 II comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset, supplemented by 4GB RAM + 64GB / 128GB storage space.
The Sony Xperia 10 II also boasts of a 6-inch OLED panel with a CinemaWide ratio of 21: 9 and Full HD + resolution. It uses a triple rear camera setup (ultra-wide-angle, regular and telephoto). The three cameras are an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera with an equivalent focal length of 16mm; a 12MP main camera with PDAF; and an 8MP 2x optical zoom telephoto camera. All the cameras are arranged vertically in the upper left corner. On the front, this device uses an 8MP sensor.
Sony claims that the Xperia 10 II is about 10% lighter than the Xperia 10 but wider and taller. The battery is 3,600 mAh, which is more than 25% higher than last year’s model. There is also Xperia Adaptive Charging, which adjusts the battery’s charge level, thereby extends the battery life. Despite the higher battery capacity, the Xperia 10 II is thinner than its predecessor. The phone is also waterproof and dustproof, with an IP65 / 68 protection rating. Although it comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the front and back, it only supports 4G networks.
Sony Xperia 10 II specifications
- 6-inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 21:9 aspect ratio Wide TRILUMINOS display for mobile with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor, 77° wide-angle lens, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1/4″ sensor for 2x zoom, 8MP 1/4″ 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/4″ sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 69 x 8.2mm; Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3600mAh battery with Adaptive Charging, 18W fast charging
This device is available in black, white, mint green, and blue. It will be available in the second quarter of this year. However, the company did not announce the price.