The hopes of having the new One UI 2.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (and consequently, probably on the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus) is back. The new version of the customized interface had first been announced (albeit unofficially) for the top of the range of 2018, then a sudden braking arrived that put out any hope in this regard.
Today, however, surprisingly comes an interesting response from the Korean company’s customer support to a user who asked for the much-talked-about update. Well, while stressing the limitations from the hardware point of view (especially as regards to the camera) of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in view of an alleged arrival of the One UI 2.1, the message underlines that the developers are studying a sort of “adapted” version, focusing on the features that can be easily digested by the smartphone.
In short, you can think of the various new features the Gallery, Quick Share and Music Share, or even the new virtual keyboard. More complicated to support new features on the camera such as Single Shooting, Video Pro and video recording in Full HD at 60 fps on the front camera.
In any case, we read how a “careful review process” started and that any decision will be aimed at preserving the performance of the device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 10
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
- BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm; Weight: 3.1g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging