After launching the Redmi 9 in Spain, Xiaomi is now planning to bring its latest budget smartphone to its homeland i.e China. As of now, Xiaomi hasn’t revealed any official information regarding the home soil launch. Although it seems like we now have some information regarding the memory configurations and color options.
Redmi 9 China Launch: Memory Configuration, Color Options
This leak is coming from the notable tipster Ishan Agarwal. As per his recent tweet, the Redmi 9 in China will arrive in three memory configurations – 4GB+64GB, 4GB+128GB, and 6GB+128GB storage options. If the internal storage still seems not enough, then it can be easily expandable thanks to the MicroSD slot. Coming to the color options, we’re looking at Carbon Black, Neon Blue, Pink, and Dark Green.
To recall, the global variant of the device comes only in two storage options – 3GB+32GB and 4GB+64GB options. The global model also comes with different color options namely Carbon Gray, Sunset Purple, and Ocean Green. Coming to the official launch, we don’t have any solid information at the time of writing this.
For those who’re unaware, Redmi 9 comes with a price tag of EUR 149 (i.e. $167) for the base variant while the top model will set you back EUR 179 (i.e. $201).
Since the device has already unveiled in Spain, we know what to expect from the Chinese variant as well. It is also worth noting that we might see some of the aspects changing for the Chinese variant. With that said, let’s look at the key specifications of the Redmi 9 smartphone.
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, waterdrop notch
- Processor and Graphics: MediaTek Helio G80 SoC, Mali-G52 GPU
- RAM & ROM: up to 4GB RAM, up to 64GB onboard memory (Spain Variant)
- Rear cameras: quad module, 13MP primary sensor, 8MP ultrawide, 5MP macro lens, 2MP depth unit
- Selfie camera: single module, 8MP sensor
- Battery: 5,020 mAh capacity, Quick Charge 3.0 support (10W charger bundled)
- Software: Android 10, MIUI 11 skin on top
- Biometrics: rear-mounted physical fingerprint sensor, face recognition
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC and USB Type-C port
- Weight: 198g
- Dimensions: 163.32 × 77.01 × 9.1 mm
Apart from Redmi 9, Xiaomi is also working on another member of the lineup namely Redmi 9A. The device has been making rounds on the internet for a couple of weeks now. There is a slight chance that we might see it hitting the Chinese market alongside.