Xiaomi’s Redmi Y series has been quite popular for selfies in India. Today, users have reported that the Xiaomi Redmi Y3 units in India have reportedly started getting August 2020 security patch update with MIUI 184.108.40.206. The Redmi Y3 has started picking up the MIUI 220.127.116.11 India Stable ROM carrying the version number V18.104.22.168.PFFINXM.
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 9 Pie and possibly the Redmi Y3 won’t be receiving the Android 10 update anytime soon. Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out in India exclusively over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
Redmi Y3 MIUI 22.214.171.124 Changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
- MIUI V126.96.36.199.PFFINXM – Download Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
Redmi Y3 Specifications
The Redmi Y3 much like the Redmi 7 gets a 6.26-inch HD+ display (1520x720pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and ditches the large bezels on last year’s Redmi Y2 for waterdrop, and what is more, the device offers p2i water-repellent coating making it splash proof and a so-called Aura Prism rear design.
The device retains the rear fingerprint sensor as well as the dual-camera setup – a primary 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for capturing depth information in portrait shots and AI scene detection, similar to the Redmi 7, but this comes with a 32-megapixel camera on the front with 4-in-1 pixel binning technology, AI portraits and AI face unlock. The front camera also offers auto HDR, palm shutter gestures, electronic stabilization, and the firm’s software-driven portrait mode. The Redmi Y2 for reference sake features a 16MP camera, 12MPprimary rear sensor but with a 5MP.
There are a couple of noteworthy upgrades under the hood too. The Y3 drops the SD 625 chipset in favour of the Snapdragon 632 chipset and comes in same 3GB or 4GB of RAM, and 32GB or 64GB of expandable storage configurations. The device is powered by a massive 4,000mAh battery while it will boot Android 9 Pie OS, and MIUI 10 skin out of the box.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 2MP camera
- 32MP front-facing camera with 1/2.8″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery