WearOS by Google is one of the major active operating systems for smartwatches. Google had recently announced a new update for the smartwatches running on their OS. Now, as promised by Google, the latest and major Wear OS firmware update has now started rolling out on Suunto 7 smartwatch. Interestingly, It is the first smartwatch to get the latest version Wear OS H-MR2. To detail, the main goal of the software is to improve the speed of the functions and app openings. As Google says, after the update, the watch will be seeing a 20% faster speed in overall performance. Additionally, It also brings a new Weather information widget and a Handsfree timer to wash your hands in this pandemic time. However, The pairing of the watch with a smartphone is also said to be improved.
Suunto 7 Smartwatch Gets Major WearOS Update
Aside from it, Suunto has sowed some other features on the Suunto 7. The new Route Navigation will allow you, users, to create their own route, sync the route to your watch, and also use tracks from other services in the Suunto app. The all-new new Low Power always-on display has been added as well. Here are all the features and changes that come to Suunto 7.
Gizchina News of the week
1. Route navigation: Create your own route, use tracks from other services, or select a popular trail in the Suunto app. Sync the route to your watch and start navigating.
2. Low power always-on sport display: Your display stays awake all the time while you exercise, using only a minimal amount of battery. See all your training data without having to raise your wrist to activate the display.
3. Battery-saving GPS mode: By selecting “Good” location accuracy, your Suunto 7 consumes less power by acquiring location only every 10 seconds. When running or cycling, FusedTrack™ is used to improve tracking quality. FusedTrack™ is a technology that combines movement data with GPS data to deliver more accurate tracking in lower GPS recording intervals.
4. Popular starting points: Check out popular starting points in the Suunto app to find new starting points for your exercises. When synced from Suunto app to your watch, the popular starting points are visible on the heatmap on your watch as small dots.
5. Various other bug fixes, language translation improvements, and performance optimizations
Currently, The update is now rolling out in stages. Users can check for the latest update manually from Settings –> System –> About –> System updates. The new version will be arriving at all Wear OS by Google smartwatches including the new Oppo Watch.