Qualcomm will host the Snapdragon Tech Summit 2020 in early December to celebrate the launch of the next-generation Snapdragon 875 mobile platform and other products.
As we previously reported, the event will feature speakers from Qualcomm, Xiaomi Group founder, chairman and CEO Lei Jun, as well as representatives from other companies, including OnePlus and Sony.
This indirectly indicates that it is Xiaomi, Sony and OnePlus who will be the first to confirm the imminent release of smartphones, which are based on the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 SoC. Obviously, Xiaomi is waiting for confirmation of the imminent release of Xiaomi Mi 11, which should be released in China in early 2021. The OnePlus 9 will only arrive in March if the rumors are confirmed.
Sony previously confirmed that Xperia flagships will continue to use Roman numerals in their names in the future. Therefore, Sony should introduce the Sony Xperia 1 III smartphone, which, in addition to the Snapdragon 875, should also receive a 4K screen. Previous smartphones in the line were equipped with 3840 x 1644 pixel displays, so the new product is likely to receive the same display.
According to the latest information, Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro will receive a screen with a resolution of 3200 x 1440 pixels, so in this regard, it will be inferior to the Sony Xperia 1 III.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the previous generation model:
Sony Xperia 1 II specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut; X1 for mobile, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS; 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra wide-angle; Plus a 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS; with 3x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 × 72 × 7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO; Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging, Qi Wireless charging
Most recently, Sony introduced a very good flagship Xperia 5 II smartphone; capturing the attention of people who have already forgotten about the mobile division of the Japanese company. And now, the company is ready to present another new product – Xperia 1 III, the release of which will be announced early next year.
According to the previous leaks, the Sony Xperia 1 III display will have a higher brightness level, about 15% more than its predecessor. The refresh rate should also increase. In addition, we expect improvements to the main camera module. As for the selfie camera, the aperture size will increase for better low-light performance.