Today, Oppo officially announced that the Oppo Reno6 will officially hit the shelves on June 11. This smartphone will be available both online and offline. The highlights of this smartphone include a Dimensity 900 chip, a front 32MP camera, and a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP main shooter. The other cameras are an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2MP macro lens. The Oppo Reno6 was released on May 27th and it comes with a 6.4-inch 2.5D high-sensitivity screen with a 90Hz refresh rate. This smartphone integrates an aluminum alloy middle frame and it has three colour options.
The phone also supports AI radiance video, super video anti-shake, mobile time-lapse video, multi-scene recording, AI ID photo, Sloop instant recording, and other functions. In addition, the Oppo Reno6 supports a super lightning start, stepless frame rate, and a linear motor. To keep its lights on, this Chinese smartphone has a 4300 mAh battery that supports 65W super flash charging. On the software end, this device runs the ColorOS 11.3 system and uses VC liquid cooling for heat dissipation.
The Reno6 has Z-axis linear motor, and others feature an X-axis motor and also come with HDR10+ support. The Oppo Reno6 is the first phone to use the new MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC. However, the Reno6 Pro and Reno6 Pro+ use the Dimensity 1200 and Snapdragon 870 SoCs respectively.
Gizchina News of the week
In terms of price, the 8GB + 128GB version of OPPO Reno6 is selling for 2799 yuan ($438). However, the 12GB + 256GB version is on the shelf for 3199 yuan. This smartphone is currently available for pre-order at OPPO Jingdong’s self-operated official flagship store. With a deposit of 50 yuan ($8), you can get another 50 yuan ($8) discount so that the starting price will be 2749 yuan ($430).
OPPO Reno6 5G specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 90Hz AMOLED display with up to 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with OmniVISION OV64B sensor, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with Sony IMX355 sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 2MP macro camera with OmniVISION OV02B10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8×72.1×7.59mm; Weight: 182g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (typical) / 4200mAh (minimum) battery with 65W ultra-fast flash charging