The Samsung Galaxy S23’s unveiling is quickly approaching. The South Korean company will finally hold its eagerly anticipated Unpacked 2023 event on February 1 when it will display its new lineup of flagship smartphones, with the most recent technological advancements.
The primary changes in One UI 5.1, a new version of the company’s software, have been made public today thanks to a leak, but beyond the hardware news, the Galaxy S23 series is also rumored to be the first to have it.
The German WinFuture portal informs us of the One UI 5.1 new features that will be released alongside the Galaxy S23 series. Additionally, they affirm that this new user interface will not only arrive with the S23 series, as has happened in previous years, but will also arrive to the company’s earlier models.
Older Samsung models will be able to use One UI 5.1
According to the plan, there won’t be a significant change from One UI 5’s design. Instead, Samsung would have concentrated on enhancing some crucial features of the operating system and customizing a few of its features to match the features of the new Galaxy S23 series. The official One UI 5.1 changelog is provided below:
Gizchina News of the week
- Changing the shade for a selfie is now even easier: Just change the color of your selfies with the “Effects” button on the side of the screen.
- Quick access to Expert RAW: With the Expert RAW app, you can take high-quality images without processing or compression, perfect for those who want to edit their photos later. Access to Expert RAW is now easier through the “Advanced” menu.
- Family Album Together – Shared Family Album makes sharing photos with your family easier than ever. Gallery recommends photos that you can add to your shared family album by recognizing the faces of your family members. You also get 5 GB of storage space per family member (up to 6 people).
- Improved Handling: Processing automatically removes shadows and reflections so your photos look great. You can also recreate GIFs for better resolution and clarity.
- Convenient Information Viewing: If you clean up when viewing an image or video in your gallery, you can see at a glance when and where the image was taken, on which device, where it’s stored, and more.
- Search has become more efficient: You can now search for more than one person or item at a time. You can even search for people without marking their names by simply clicking on their faces.
- Choose a location to save screenshots: You can now save screenshots and screenshots to a folder of your choice by setting it in the advanced features.
- AR zone and AR emoji:
- Use 3 emojis in AR Emoji Camera: Take fun photos and videos with friends (up to 3 people) in mask mode. You can replace your friends’ faces with other characters by clicking on the emoji.
- Design and Editing Improvements in AR Doodles: Brushes are now available for faster access to the main AR Doodle screen. You can also resize and move drawings after creation, and with the new eraser tool, you can only delete part of your drawings without deleting them completely.
- New battery widget With the new battery widget you can check the battery level of your galaxy devices. Right on the home screen, you can see how much battery your smartphone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other compatible devices have.
- Intuitive Weather Widget A new style of illustration and a summary of current weather conditions make it easy to see weather information whether it’s sunny, cloudy, raining or snowing.
- Modes and scenarios:
- Different background images depending on the mode: Depending on your current activities, set different background images on the lock screen and home screen. Choose a background for work, one for sport, and more if you set different modes.
- Other conditions and actions for scenarios. Have scripts run automatically when you activate flight mode or mobile hotspot. Scripts can now open some apps, adjust left/right audio balance, and much more. With new actions, you can now control quick share and touch sensitivity. As well as change the ringtone and font style.
- Cooperation in Samsung Notes: Create a shared note that multiple people can edit at the same time. Write a report with colleagues, take notes for a learning group, or paint a picture with a friend. The possibilities are endless.
- Invite to shared apps made easy: You can now easily invite people to shared albums, notes, and calendars. Using a shareable link across apps like Messenger, email, and social media.
- Extended multiple control between Galaxy Book and smartphone Now you can use your Galaxy Book’s mouse, keyboard or trackpad not only with your Galaxy tablet, but also with your Galaxy smartphone. You can easily copy and paste text and drag and drop images from one device to another as if it were the same device.
- Media output for WLAN speakers If you want to continue listening to music on Wi-Fi speakers via Spotify Connect and the integrated Chromecast. Simply open the media output via the toolbar for quick access, not through the music apps.
- Continue browsing on PC If you are with Samsung Internet Browse the Internet on your smartphone and then continue browsing on your PC, you can find the websites you have opened on your smartphone and continue browsing with the PC browser.
- Samsung DeX:
- Improved multitasking in DeX In screen sharing mode. You can now drag the divider in the middle of the screen to resize both windows. You can also align a window to one of the corners. So that it takes up a quarter of the screen.
- Settings :
- Recruitment Tips Tips are now displayed at the top of the settings screen and provide information on useful features to try or settings that need your attention so you can turn them on or test them right away.
- Samsung Internet:
- Improved search You can now search for folder names in bookmarks or group names in tabs. Improved search logic lets you find what you’re looking for, even if something is misspelled.
- Configuration wizard :
- Faster and easier initial setup of your new Galaxy If you switch from Galaxy or other Android device to a new Galaxy, just scan the QR code on your old device to your Wi-Fi networks, Automatically transfer your Samsung account and Google account to the new device without entering anything.
- Climate :
- Detailed weather information at a glance Useful weather information is now displayed on the main screen of the weather app. You can check severe weather warnings, daily weather reports, hourly rainfall, and color temperature charts.
- Bixby text calls Use Bixby text calls to automatically accept calls and find out the purpose of the call. You can see what the caller is saying in a text chat. And you can tap or enter responses that are read aloud to the caller. Bixby text calls are only available in English and Korean.
The source claims that Samsung would release One UI 5.1 update for a sizable number of devices in addition to the Galaxy S23. Including previous Galaxy S, Galaxy Z, and Galaxy A series models. Some of the features included in this update, meanwhile, will only be available on the Galaxy S23 exclusively.