Google is testing new ad placements in the Google Play Store search bar. These ads will be called “limited-time events and sponsored offers.” They will appear alongside past searches in the search bar. The number of ads will be a maximum of three.
Limited-time events are already used to promote streaming apps. They will now show in the search history along with the app name, icon, rating, and number of downloads. This change took place in the April Google System Updates changelog. It is becoming available to users gradually.
Google Tests New Ad Placements in Google Play Store Search Bar
Google‘s move to add ads to the Google Play Store search bar is a way to generate more revenue from the app store. The company already makes money from the Play Store through in-app purchases and subscriptions, but ads could provide a new source of income.
Some users may find the addition of ads to the Google Play Store search bar annoying. However, others may appreciate the convenience of being able to see sponsored apps that are relevant to their interests. Only time will tell how users will react to this change.
Gizchina News of the week
Here are some of the pros and cons of Google’s new ad placements in the Google Play Store search bar:
- Ads could provide a new source of revenue for Google.
- Ads could help users find new apps that are interesting to them.
- Ads could be more relevant to users’ interests than other types of ads.
- The addition of ads to the Google Play Store search bar may be annoying.
- Ads could clutter the search bar and make it more difficult to find relevant results.
- Ads could be in use to promote apps that are not high-quality or that are not safe to use.
Overall, Google’s decision to add ads to the Google Play Store search bar is a mixed bag. It has the potential to generate more revenue for Google and help users find new apps that they are looking for. However, it also has the potential to annoy users and clutter the search bar. Only time will tell how users will react to this change.