Traveling in China can be a little daunting for someone arriving here for the first time, and even for us who have lived here for years can still find the prospect of traveling in China a major nightmare! Luckily there are apps for traveling in China which can make your trip much easier!
C. Custer over at Tech in Asia has put together a great list of Chinese travel applications for both iOS and Android devices. Apps covering where to stay in China, what to eat in China, the weather, transportation and how to get about are listed with a total of 23 applications covered but here are some of our favorites from the list:
Gizchina News of the week
Gizchina’s top travel apps for China
- 高德地图 – Browse 3D maps even when offline to ensure you don’t get lost walking around a strange city. (Free, iPhone/Android).
- Booking.com – Book rooms and browse images of different hotels to make your selection. (Free, iPhone).
- 天气通 – Check the weather in tons of different locations across China, anywhere you could possibly want to go. (Free, iPhone/Android).
- 美食日记 – Another app that shows you local restaurants based on your position and helps coordinate eating with friends. (Free, iPhone/Android).
- Instagram – For when your photos don’t look like they were taken by a cheap camera in the 1970s. (Free, iPhone, Android).
For more great Chinese travel applications and Asian tech news head over to Tech in Asia.