Sony unveiled the Xperia XZ2 Premium today, a smartphone identical in design to the XZ2 but packs in a way more powerful camera and an astonishingly high-resolution display. Although Sony still seems to be stuck on the now old thick-bezel design but has moved on from the single camera phase.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Design and Specifications
The XZ2 is almost identical to the XZ2 when it comes to the design, but differs quite a bit in the internals. It retains the candy-bar shape with a curved glass back, rounded edges, and thick bezels on the top and bottom of the display. It also comes with a personal favourite, the dedicated camera key. And this phone is all about the camera. Check out the specs below:
Gizchina News of the week
- Dimensions: 80mm x 158mm x 6.4-11.9mm, 236g
- Display: 5.8-inch 4K HDR LCD(the first phone to ever feature such a high-resolution display), 16:9 aspect ratio(come on Sony!)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Memory: 6GB RAM and 64 GB ROM
- Rear Camera: 19MP f/1.8 Colour + 12MP f/1.6 Monochrome, 51200 max ISO for photos, 12800 max ISO for video
- Front Camera: 13MP f/2.0 low-light sensor.
- Battery: 3,450mAh with wireless charging
- Operating System: Android 8.0
The XZ2 Premium is all about the camera. The dual camera setup on the back can shoot in ISO of up to 51200 for photos and up to 12800 for videos, levels seen only in interchangeable lens cameras. It comes with a 940fps super slo-mo recording alongside 4K HDR video recording.
Pricing and Availability
Sony has not revealed the pricing and availability of the phone yet but it will be launched in this quarter in two different colour variants: Chrome Black and Chrome Silver.