While we all await the possible arrival of its first Quad-camera smartphone later in October, Samsung mobile has today introduced a new mid-range smartphone with particularly two stand-out features which aren’t even present in its premium devices yet. The device in question is the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018, though it appears Samsung isn’t attaching the 2018 suffix, we would have to do that to avoid muddling things up.
Available in Blue, Black, Gold, and Pink color options, the featured device adopts a familiar glass -metal unibody design, albeit a few structural differences. The first is that it comes fitted with a triple rear camera setup – a first in any Galaxy smartphone, though we should in a matter of weeks see the firm introduce another device with a Quad-camera setup on its back.
And much like the recently unveiled Galaxy J6+, the new mid-range Galaxy A7 2018 has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor embedded into its power button, located on the same side with the volume up and down button, so you have to get used that that fact.
Parading a 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen with slim bezels on both side, the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 is powered by an unnamed 2.2GHz Octa-Core processor with 4GB+64GB, 4GB+128GB, and 6GB+128GB RAM storage combinations.
A major selling point of the new device is its triple rear camera setup – made up of a 24MP main lens with F1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide F2.4 lens for wide-angle photos, and a 5MP F2.2 depth sensor for portrait shots. While Samsung is yet to key into the irrreguar Notch craze, it has fitted the Galaxy A7 2018 with an impressive 24MP selfie shooter (F2.0) well optimized for low light photography. It boasts of an adjustable LED flash, Selfie Focus, Scene Optimizer, Pro Lighting Mode and AR emoji.
Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 specifications
- 6-inch (1080×2220 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core processor
- 4 GB RAM with 64GB / 128 GB Storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 8MP 120° Ultra Wide camera, 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dolby Atmos
- Dimension:159.8 x 76.8 x 7.5 mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth v5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional)
- 3300mAh battery with adaptive fast charging
Also worth mentioning is that the new A7 gets Dolby Atmos and packs a 3300mAh battery, runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) and is dual SIM enabled. And with a starting price of €349/US$ 407/ Rs. 29,385 approx., Samsung says the device should go on sale first in select European and Asian markets starting from October, before rolling out to other regions.