Oppo R15x has been officially launched in China, following a series of teasers and leaks. Now listed on the company’s official website, the new Oppo R15x comes with specs similar to the Oppo K1 launched in India a while ago. Much like the k1, the Oppo R15x major selling point is its gradient design, as well as the in-display fingerprint sensor.
Oppo says the device will go on sale from November 1, but with pre-order already on at CNY2,499/$360/€310. And unlike the Oppo K1, the R15x is available only in 6GB RAM option, but with increased 128GB storage space which is expandable up to 256 using microSD card.
Other specs are basically the same, including a large 6.4-inch Full HD+ display with Gorilla glass protection with 2.5D curved glass on top, and a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels. Running on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.2, the Oppo R15x is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 with built-in AI support and an embedded Neural Processing Unit (NPU) inside.
OPPO R15x specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.2
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 25MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3600mAh battery
The device gets a 16MP+2MP rear camera combo, a single 25mp front camera, while the whole package is lighted by a 3,500mAh battery sans VOOC Charge.