Huawei’s latest and greatest smartphone till date – the Huawei Mate 20 Pro was officially announced more than a month ago, and has today officially launched in India. Amazon India prime members will be able to get the device from December 3rd, while it will be opened for sales to non-prime members starting from December 4th.
You can buy the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in Midnight Blue, Black, Twilight and Emerald Green color options, while it is made available only in – 6GB/128GB RAM/Storage option. Set to compete with premium flagships like the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and the iPhone XS Max in India, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in India is priced at Rs. 69,990/ $990, while the device bundled with Sennheiser PXC550 Wireless Headphones (worth Rs. 29,990) goes for Rs. 71,990/ $1020.
Much like most premium flagships from rivals, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a premium build – featuring a 3D curved glass on the front, glass build with a somewhat patterned back along with IP68 water and dust resistance.
The device parades a 6.39-inch QHD+ OLED DCI-P3 HDR display with 86.90 screen-to-body ratio with a display notch up front(not the water-drop type) and a tiny chin at the bottom of the display. The major selling points of the device, however, isn’t the display notch, but unarguably the under-display fingerprint sensor for unlocking the smartphone, as well as its triple rear Matrix camera system with OIS.
Speaking of the triple rear Matrix camera system, the device parades a 40MP main camera, a 20MP ultra wide-angle camera, and an 8MP telephoto camera with support for autofocus (laser focus, phase focus, contrast focus), and AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilisation). It gets a 24-megapixel front-facing shooter with f/2.0 aperture and 3D depth-sensing, a 4200mAh battery with support for Huawei SuperCharge and Huawei Wireless Quick Charge.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ OLED 19.5:9 DCI-P3 HDR Display with 820 nits brightness
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- 40MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 20MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, laser focus, phase focus, contrast focus, AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization)
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, 3D Face Unlock
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6mm; Weight: 189g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200 mAh (typical) battery with 40W SuperCharge, 15W Wireless Quick Charge