Today was the day chosen by Xiaomi to present the new Black Shark 2 Pro in China. This new gaming terminal was previously teased and called attention for being a very early evolution of the Black Shark 2 and for carrying inside the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor. In this way, the terminal becomes one of the most powerful Android smartphones of the moment.
When mobile games grow unstoppably, manufacturers adapt their launches to this trend. It is increasingly common for manufacturers to focus on attracting attention from mobile gamers. With striking models that promise more power and quality than traditional smartphones.
Black Shark 2 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display with 108.9% DCI – P3 color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm; Weight: 205g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
The best screen for games
The Black Shark 2 Pro has a design similar to its brother although the back shows the centerline of the logo finer than the Black Shark 2. The terminal mounts a 6.39-inch FullHD+ screen with AMOLED technology and HDR support. In order to get a better gaming experience, it has DC Dimming 2.0, which reduces screen flickering at low brightness levels. It is on the screen where much of the technology of Black Shark 2 has focused, with a brightness of up to 430 nits, a contrast ratio of 60,000: 1, Magic Press 2.0 technology, a touch latency of only 34.7 ms and A 240 Hz touch sampling rate, which makes it the first smartphone with this particularity.
The most powerful processor
Of course the big star within the Black Shark 2 Pro is the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus, as it becomes the second mobile in the market, after the Asus ROG PHONE II. This processor has been improved to offer superior performance at the graphic level and with the most demanding games. It is accompanied by 12 GB of RAM and can be purchased in versions of 128 and 256 GB of storage, compatible with UFS 3.0 technology. The terminal comes with Black Shark OS based on Android 9 Pie and has a fingerprint sensor built into the screen. The liquid cooling 3.0 promises improved cooling with liquid-cooled plate and liquid-cooled tube to reduce the CPU’s core temperature.
Cameras and battery
Although it is not the most important section, the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro also does not get lame in the cameras section, with a dual rear camera led by a Sony IMX 586 main sensor of 48 megapixels + 12 megapixels. We also found a 20-megapixel sensor in the front. The terminal has a large 4,000 mAh battery with fast charging of 27W and does not lack a 3.5mm headphone jack. The device comes with a series of accessories and wireless controllers in order to make the experience as close as possible to being in front of a portable video game console.
Price and departure date
The new Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro will be available for sale first in China on August 2nd. although for the moment we have no news about its arrival in other markets in which the Black Shark brand is already present. Its price is 2999 yuan (about $435) for the version with 128 GB of storage, while the variant with 256 GB of storage goes up to 3,499 yuan (about $508). It will arrive in several striking colors such as Electric black, Ice ash, Blue, Orange and Purple colors.