Avenir Telecom, manufacturer and distributor of mobile phones and accessories under the exclusive Energizer® brand licence, reinforces its development in the Middle East and consolidates its presence via key strategic agreements with operators, including Etisalat, Zain and Orange. More than 50 Energizer® accessories and mobile phones products are currently available at the operators’ shops and online stores; this offer will continue to grow in 2020.
A market in demand for high-end accessories and competitively priced phones
In an ever-growing mobile phone market in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) area, with 6.5 million phones delivered in Q2 2019*, Energizer® phones and accessories are particularly well received.
Avenir Telecom has built up a product offering renowned for its quality and attractive prices. Among the charging and protection accessories, some have been developed in exclusive partnership with operators to meet specific needs, such as the “Car Charging & Protection Kits” designed at Etisalat’s request.
On the mobile side, three Energizer® models are currently available from operators in the region, the E241S, P490S and E500S. This offer will be supplemented in the course of 2020 by new smartphones and feature phones.
A strong presence among the largest national operators
True to the Energizer® brand DNA, which is built around energy and autonomy, the range of products developed by Avenir Telecom’s teams has won over the major operators in the Middle East. Among them are:
- Etisalat – The leading telecoms group in the GCC zone, with 12 million customers in theUnited Arab Emirates, has been selling forty-five references of accessories and mobiles in its network of 200 stores and on its e-commerce site since 2019.
- Zain –A telecom pioneer in the Middle East, the operator Zain recently signed an agreement with Avenir Telecom for the distribution of its accessories in Saudi Arabia, in Jordan and soon in Kuwait.
- STC –The leading Saudi operator offers some fifteen accessory references through its large network of stores in Saudi Arabia, as well as accessories and mobiles in Kuwait.
- Vodafone –This group, which has a strong presence throughout the world, has referenced Energizer® products in Qatar. Agreements are to be signed shortly for new countries in which it is present.
- Ooredoo –The Qatari telecom company, based in 10 countries in the region, currently sells Energizer® accessories in Qatar and Kuwait.
- Batelco –Energizer® phones and accessories are sold at the operator’s shop across
- Orange –since 2018, Energizer® accessories have been marketed by Orange Jordan, one of the country’s leading operators with more than 5 million customers.
“As part of our business development strategy in the Middle East, we attach particular importance to the referencing of our products with key operators, so that they are easily accessible to the largest number of consumers” says Jean-Daniel Beurnier, CEO of Avenir Telecom.
“Thanks to a high-performance sales team, we have been able to build relationships of trust with our partners by constantly offering them new innovative products adapted to market demand” adds Jean-Daniel Beurnier.
In addition to a solid presence with operators, Energizer® phones and accessories are also referenced by many retailers in the area, including GSAs, specialty stores and e-commerce platforms.