The Xiaomi Mi MIX Alpha was introduced in September last year, being by far the most revolutionary smartphone ever in terms of its design. With a screen that covers practically its entire surface (front and back). It was a smartphone that many thought will never see the light of day.
After having promised that the Mi MIX Alpha was ready to go into production, there were many delays that raised more and more doubts about its arrival on the market. However, it was announced now by Xiaomi India that it will be available in some of its physical stores.
Despite being a fantastic smartphone and a true work of art, the Mi MIX Alpha does not present itself as a smartphone that should be used on a daily basis. Its revolutionary design makes it impossible to use a protective cover or even tempered glass.
Furthermore, it doesn’t matter if the smartphone is on a surface or in your pocket, as there will always be a good portion of the screen vulnerable to varied types of accidents.
Considering the investment that should be around $2,500, this level of vulnerability will certainly make many users even more hesitant for the purchase of the Mi MIX Alpha.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Mi MIX Alpha specifications
- 7.92-inch (2088 x 2250 pixels) Flexible OLED display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, LED flash. OIS, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/2.55″ Samsung S5K2L7. A telephoto lens with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom. 20MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX350 117° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 1.5cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 154.38×72.3×10.4mm; Weight:241g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4050mAh battery with 40W fast charging
So far, no information has emerged to indicate a possible arrival of the Mi MIX Alpha in other markets, and this may never happen. Xiaomi will certainly not invest enough to bring this smartphone to all markets, restricting its availability to only a few markets.