Today, electronics brand – GPD – announced their new GPD WIN Max over in China. The company stated that the WIN Max is an all-in-one, full-featured and the world’s smallest handheld gaming laptop.
GPD WIN Max is the Smallest “Handheld Gaming Laptop” with Intel Core i5-1035G7 CPU
Placed on a desk, the GPD WIN Max is indeed the world’s smallest gaming laptop; while if you hold it with both hands, it basically becomes a handheld console. Thus it’s probably the best device to bring around if you’re an avid gamer.
According to GPD, the WIN Max can run the latest AAA games, even with full graphics, at 60 frames per second. Games will then be displayed on an 8-inch H-IPS screen, with fifth-generation Corning Gorilla glass external coating and a viewing area increased by 133%. The display also has 90% DCI-P3 wide color gamut, DC dimming without flash screen and 500nits maximum brightness.
The WIN Max is powered by an Intel’s 10th generation 10nm Core ™ i5-1035G7 processor; which surpasses the 4th generation i7-4790K as far as performance is concerned. The CPU is then paired with an 11th-generation Iris Plus Graphics 940 core display; which according to GPD will perform as good as an NVIDIA GeForce MX250.
Other specs on the GPD WIN Max include:
- M.2 NVMe / AHCI 2280 SSD, Socket 3 / Socket 2 dual-protocol interface, sequential read / write over 2000MB / s, unlimited storage space expansion;
- Dual-channel LPDDR4 3733 memory, 16G ultra-large capacity, read, write, and copy speeds all exceed 60GB / s;
- Built-in Thunderbolt 3 interface, support 2 4K / 60Hz monitors connected at the same time, external eGFX, can achieve the best gaming experience;
- Built-in HDMI 2.0b high-definition digital interface, supports HDR, with the help of Intel SGX technology, can output 4K / 60Hz UHD BD video;
- Support the latest Wi-Fi 6, 300MB / s high-speed Internet access, which is 2.77 times faster than Wi-Fi 5G;
- Support Bluetooth 5.0, 3MB / s transmission speed, accurate positioning within 1 meter, long distance communication at 300 meters, can connect up to 7 Bluetooth devices;
- 3 × 5000mAh / 57Wh large capacity polymer lithium battery, heavy use for 3 hours, moderate use for 6 to 8 hours, light use for 14 hours;
- TDP adopts 15W, 20W, 25W three gears. When TDP is adjusted to 25W, the performance greatly surpasses the same configuration products on the market, maximizes the performance of the machine and meets various application scenarios;
- A newly designed gamepad, a split-type arrow key, and a rocker recessed non-slip design, which support the L3 / R3 function by pressing down;
- PC-class dual-turbine fan + dual heat pipe heat dissipation scheme, large displacement side-blow design, 9-hole high-speed heat dissipation channel;
- 60W super fast charge, based on PD 3.0 fast charge protocol, can charge mobile phones, tablets, laptops and other multiple devices at the same time.
What do you guys think about this type of device? Are you interested in getting one? Let us know in the comments section below!