Apple has just released the new update version of iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 for all compatible devices and all users. This is the fourth major update of iOS 13, and it comes with a large number of changes, improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
Installing the new versions is as easy as ever. We just have to enter Settings, General, and Software Update. The system will automatically search for the new update version, and we will only have to click on “Download and install.” It is a large update, nearly 1GB, so it may take a little longer than usual to install. After the device restarts, you can enjoy its new features.
What’s new in iOS 13.4
The latest update to iOS 13.4 includes interesting improvements that are worth it. In theory, the final version of iOS 13 might only arrive until next month, perhaps with the launch of the expected iPhone 9. Hence, there are still weeks for Apple to work on this update version and include new improvements. At the moment, this is all we know:
- iCloud shared folders: With iOS 13.4, we can now share a folder that we have in Files with several people through iCloud. You can manage the permissions so that the rest of the people can only see the files in those folders, or they can also edit them. To do this, users have to touch and hold a folder in the Files app, click on the share icon, click on Add people and choose both with whom they want to share it and through which application.
- TV App: The TV application available on iOS and iPadOS is the place from which we can see Apple TV+ and many more series from other platforms. Now there are new configuration settings that come with the iOS 13.4 update. These options have been added to enable mobile data downloads, to choose the quality or limit the use of data, and also options when downloading content.
More new changes
- New bottom bar in Mail: Apple had already fixed the bottom bar that appears in the mail app. And in this new update, it has decided to retouch the design by moving the answer icon to the left and also adding the one to write a new email.
- CarKey: With the previous beta, a new function appeared that would allow us to use our iPhone as a key in our car with NFC technology. Now the latest update adds a new feature. That will allow the locking, unlocking, and operation of some NFC-equipped cars using individual iPhone or shareable stored vehicle keys.
- New Memoji Stickers: With iOS 13 and iPadOS, Memoji arrived on all devices, even if they do not have Face ID, through Memoji Stickers. These are stickers with our faces and different purposes that we can send by any app, including WhatsApp. Now with iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4, there are up to 9 new Memoji Stickers to share.
- Support for AliPay Wallet application: The digital payment solution developed by Alibaba, which is used by 50% of the population in China.
iPadOS 13.4 Specific new features
- Keyboard shortcuts: In the iPad, there are new keyboard shortcuts for Photos to navigate between tabs, search, and create albums. In full-screen mode, there are also keyboard shortcuts for deleting photos, duplicating photos, and entering Edit mode.
- Shazam now supports the Shortcuts app.
- Remapping keys on iPadOS: there is now a new option to remap keys on a keyboard that is connected to an iPad.
- Advanced mouse and trackpad support: With iPadOS 13.4, the iPad now comes with support for external mouses and keyboard. Users can now use any compatible accessory with this version, and there are also no restrictions regarding models.