This afternoon, Lu Weibing, vice president of Xiaomi Group, and general manager of the Redmi brand, officially released the Redmi K30 Pro in Beijing Xiaomi Science Park. Redmi K30 Pro uses the ultimate full-screen design, no water drops, no punch-holes, has a 92.7% screen ratio and uses a 3D quad curved body. The whole series uses a Samsung AMOLED screen as standard. TÜV Rheinland’s global eye protection certification improves the quality of screen display and provides users with a more comfortable eye environment. However, this device comes with a 60Hz display. That is a huge downside for the Redmi K30 Pro series.
According to Lu Weibing, the absence of a 90Hz display is not to pave way for the Xiaomi Mi 10 series. He further said that both Redmi K30 and K30 Pro were planned 10 months ago. At that time, the team was not sure if the high refresh rate screen is applicable. In addition, the Redmi K30 Pro requires more power for its pop-up camera and full-screen display. The use of a high refresh rate display requires a reduction in the volume and capacity of the battery.
In the end, the company chose to sacrifice the display refresh rate for a full-screen and larger battery. Lu Weibing finally said, “Products can only be infinitely close to perfection, but we should also accept the imperfection of reality”. Redmi K30 Pro comes with a 60Hz screen, apart from this, everything else is top-notch.
Gizchina News of the week
REDMI K30 PRO / K30 PRO ZOOM EDITION SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 1200nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Redmi K30 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, OIS, 5MP (50mm equivalent) telephoto lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- Zoom edition – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, OIS, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- Water-resistance: (IP53)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700 mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging