LG’s strategy has been discussed for months. Now we got more details. The LG V series will remain the flagship model and the LG G will move to the upper-middle class. We should see it with the LG G9 phone, which should be equipped with a Snapdragon 765G chipset and only FullHD+ display.
LG G9 is supposed to use chipset Snapdragon 765G
The display itself should have a size of 6.7 to 6.9 inches (LG G8 is 6.1 inches), and will remain an OLED panel. One of the reasons for such a large display is probably that the LG V60 will not be available in all regions, so LG should have a device available in the market for the fans of “large” phones.
The LG G9 is due to be introduced at the end of March. The price should be around $700. Indeed, it is the same period as last year LG G8, which is equipped with the top Snapdragon 855 and even better display. On the other hand, even the LG G9 will be a 5G phone, which definitely adds to the cost.
The LG G9 ThinQ is supposed to have 4 cameras, a 4,000 mAh battery and a 3.5mm audio connector. Interestingly, it is not the only flagship model to newly fall into the middle class. The same hit ZTE Axon 11 5G, which was introduced on Monday. Due to the high price of the Snapdragon 865, the Chinese company decided to use a less powerful chipset for the first time on the Axon range. Nokia 8.3 5G turned out exactly the same.
Recall that LG has officially introduced the LG V60 ThinQ 5G last month with a 6.8-inch FHD+ OLED display, Snapdragon 865, 5000mAh battery and a new LG Dual Screen, here is the full specifications of the device:
LG V60 ThinQ specifications
- 6.8-inch (2460 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ 20.5:9 FullVision P-OLED Display, HDR10+
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU with Snapdragon X55 5G Modem
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm pixel size, 78° lens, 13MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 117° lens, Z Camera (ToF Receiver / Emitter)
- 10MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 72.5° lens
- In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Stereo Speaker, 4Ch Microphones, LG 3D Sound Engine, FM Radio
- Dimensions:169.3 x 77.6 x 8.9mm; Weight: 214g
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C (3.1 compatible)
- 5,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+