About a month ago, HMD Global has shared a new schedule for updating smartphones manufactured under the Nokia brand to Android 10. The initial schedule was introduced last year, however, as a result of the outbreak of coronavirus, it was changed. But, despite the current situation, the company releases updates quite quickly. Following Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 3.2, Android 10 is now available for Nokia 4.2.
Nokia 4.2 has started receiving Android 10 update
As with Nokia 3.2, HMD Global has released a table that shows the countries from which users will be the first to receive the update. The first wave of Nokia 4.2 update include 43 countries, as follows:
|Estonia||Finland||France (except Orange FR)||Georgia|
|Sweden||Thailand||Tunisia||United Arab Emirates|
The company said that today only 10% of users from these countries will be able to upgrade. By April 12, 50% of users will receive the update, and by April 14, all owners of the Nokia 4.2 will receive the update.
As you can see, the release of new firmware meets the promise of HMD Global. The following should be the Nokia 2.3, 3.1 Plus, 6.2 and Nokia 8 Sirocco. The company said that these devices will receive Android 10 on the second quarter of 2020, so their owners should expect updates in the very near future.
Nokia 4.2 specifications
- 5.71-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 a-Si FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- Dimensions: 148.95 x 71.30 x 8.39mm; Weight: 161g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB
- 3000mAh built-in battery