For well-known reasons, Huawei’s latest smartphones can not use Google’s GMS, and Huawei is currently releasing its own HMS to replace it. Recently, Huawei launched the Honor 9X Lite in Finland and this smartphone comes with some interesting details. For starters, it uses the 2018 Kirin 710 SoC but there is a reason for that. This platform is approved for Google Mobile Services and Honor didn’t want to miss the opportunity.
According to the release notes, the Honor 9X Lite comes with a 6.5-inch notch display with a resolution of 2340 × 1080 pixels. In addition to the Kirin 710, this device comes with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. In the camera department, Honor 9X Lite uses a dual rear camera setup. It has a 48MP + 2MP configuration on the rear as well as a 16MP shooter for selfies. To keep its lights on, we have a 3750 mAh battery which supports 10W charging. The overall configuration and design are similar to the Honor 8X.
Gizchina News of the week
HONOR 9X Lite specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display,
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 128GB storage; expandable with microSD
- Android 9 (Pie) with EMUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP secondary camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.4×76.6×7.8mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3750mAh (typical) / 3650mAh (minimum) battery
Pricing and Availability
The Honor 9X Lite will be available two colour options – Black and Green. This smartphone will be available for 199 Euros which is about $ 215. It will go on pre-order starting April 30th, 2020 in Finland and the first outright sale will take place on May 14. As of now, there is no word on its availability in other markets yet.