Featured photo: Credits to XDA
Chinese manufacturer, Redmi, will release a couple of smartphones in the coming weeks. Over the past few weeks, the company has been activating price-cuts for its devices. About a month ago, the Redmi K30 5G version got its first-ever permanent price cut ad a few weeks later, the 4G version also got a price reduction. Now, the company has announced a price cut for the Redmi Note 8 Pro but it is only temporary.
According to reports, over the next three days, the Redmi Note 8 Pro (6GB + 128GB version) will sell for 1299 yuan ($184). In addition, the 8GB + 128GB version will be available for 1499 yuan ($212). The main features of this device include its liquid cooling support, 64MP main shooter, and a 4500 mAh battery.
Redmi Note 8 Pro specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, upgradable to MIUI 11
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Built-in Alexa with dual wake word
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 161.37×76.4×8.79mm; Weight: 199.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
However, it should be noted that this price-cut is only available in China and it is probably for the Chinese ROM too. If you have a way around these obstacles, this will be a good time to purchase the Redmi Note 8 Pro.