A few weeks ago, Samsung said that the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S9 smartphones will still receive One UI 2.1. Now the release dates for the firmware have become known.
One of the users of the Reddit forum found information on the Korean Samsung site, according to which, the release of the system is scheduled for June 2020. It is interesting that in the message we are talking only about the Galaxy Note 9 model, but most likely, the Galaxy S9 will be updated at the same time.
Recall that with the One UI 2.1 update brings new AR Emoji, Pro- shooting mode, support for 4K 60fps for the front camera, Quick Share for fast file transfers (similar to Apple AirDrop), Music Share function, minor changes in the interface and much more.
By the way, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 +, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+ and Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones have already received the update.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1). Expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) at release
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
- BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm; Weight: 3.1g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging