Xiaomi launched the Mi Mix 2 smartphone with almost no frames in 2017. Today, Lei Jun, the co-founder and CEO of the company has mentioned it as his favorite Xiaomi phone since its ceramic finish makes it feel great to the touch.
Xiaomi’s Mi Mix series of smartphones is known for offering a full-screen experience. The last phone in this series family was Mi Mix 3, the 5G version of which did not sell well and as a result has not yet received the update for MIU 11 and Android 10.
Xiaomi has recently registered a new Weibo account for the Mix series, and now the CEO remembers the old Mi Mix 2 device as his favorite Xiaomi phone. All this suggests that we could soon see a new smartphone from the Mix series.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 coming soon?
Xiaomi announced a few months ago a new device in the series called Mi Mix Alpha, but it is a $2,600 concept smartphone that is not yet for sale.
Following Lei Jun’s statement, we can expect the next Mi Mix device, probably called Mi Mix 4, to come with a ceramic unibody design like its 2017 predecessor.
Ceramic body smartphones are not something exclusive to Xiaomi. The Huawei P40 Pro+ released a few months ago also has it, as well as the OPPO Find X2 Pro.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9 at release
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with facial recognition, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging