Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, recently released its latest 5G smartphone series, Redmi 10X series. This series has the regular Redmi 10X as well as the Redmi 10X Pro. According to Redmi’s product director, Wang Teng, the Redmi 10X is the world’s mobile phone that supports dual 5G standby. The dual-card 5G is on the network and can seamlessly switch signals at any time to a better 5G network. This is possible because of the optimization of the MediaTek Dimensity 820 SoC.
The Redmi 10X is the first smartphone to use the Dimensity 820 SoC. This chip not only supports 5G + 5G dual card dual standby, SA, NSA dual-mode 5G but also supports 5G dual-carrier aggregation.
Its performance on AnTuTu is way beyond any mid-range smartphone in the market presently. The MediaTek Dimensity 820 hit 415,672 points on AnTuTu. This score is comparable to the 2019 flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC which hit 445,343 points. This processor is based on 7nm process technology. It uses 4 × Cortex A76 (2.6GHz) + 4 × Cortex A55 (2.0GHz) and a Mali-G57 MC5 GPU.
Furthermore, this chip integrates a top-notch 5G modem with a flagship multi-core CPU architecture as well as an energy-efficient independent AI processor (APU 3.0). According to Lu Weibing, general manager of the Redmi brand, the Dimensity 820 SoC may be the most powerful 5G mid- to high-end processor in 2020.
Going back to the Redmi 10X, this smartphone comes with a built-in 4520mAh battery. While the regular model supports up to 22.5W fast charging, the Pro model supports 33W fast flash charging.
Redmi 10X / Pro specifications
- 6.57-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection; HDR10, DC Dimming, and 800 nit peak brightness
- MediaTek Dimensity processor – 4 × Cortex A76 (2.6GHz) + 4 × Cortex A55 (2.0GHz) and a Mali-G57 MC5 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Pro Model: 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 48MP rear cameras with LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP macro lens, and 2MP depth sensor
- Pro Model: 48MP rear cameras with LED flash, 8MP zoom lens with 30X digital zoom support, an 8MP wide-angle lens, and a 5MP macro lens.
- 16MP front camera
- Pro Model: 20MP
- Fingerprint sensor (On-Screen), IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 205g
- Dual 5G (5G + 5G dual card dual standby), SA, NSA dual-mode 5G, 5G dual-carrier aggregation, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4,520mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging for the regular model and 33W fast charging for the Pro model.
Redmi 10X Series Pricing and Availability
The Redmi 10X series will be available in blue, violet, and gold colour options. While the Redmi 10X sale will commence from June 1st, the Pro model will start sale on June 5th.
- 6GB + 64GB: 1,599 yuan (~$224)
- 6GB + 128GB: 1,799 yuan (~$252)
- 8GB + 128GB: 2,099 yuan (~$294)
- 8GB + 256GB: 2,399 yuan (~$336)
Redmi 10X Pro
- 8GB + 128GB: 2,399 yuan (~$336)
- 8GB + 256GB: 2,599 yuan (~$364)