Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has been doing quite well in the smartphone market. One aspect of its business that attracts customers is its pricing. A few months ago, the company released its latest flagship series, Xiaomi Mi 10 series. Today, Xiaomi took to its official Weibo handle to post a price cut for the Xiaomi Mi 10. Well, it did not outrightly announce the price cut. Rather, the company left its users with some puzzle to solve. Referring to the Xiaomi Mi 10 (8GB+256GB & 12GB+256GB versions), the Weibo post reads “If you want to buy the Xiaomi Mi 10, wait for the surprise at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning. A simple math problem notice, come and see the comments section Guess”.
This question involves limits, logarithms, trigonometric functions, etc. Nevertheless, the solution is not complex. The result of the solution is 300. Obviously, the two versions of Xiaomi Mi 10 will get a 300 yuan ($42) price cut tomorrow. This will be the first-ever official price cut that the Xiaomi Mi 10 is getting. Although, there have been price cuts for this smartphone from online flagship stores and other outlets. However, this will be the first that is coming directly from Xiaomi.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 comes with Qualcomm’s latest flagship processor, Snapdragon 865 SoC. This smartphone also uses LPDDR5 memory, WiFi 6, UFS 3.0 storage, and 100MP cameras. This device also comes with a custom AMOLED curved screen using a 90Hz refresh rate. Furthermore, the Xiaomi 10 is equipped with a 4780 mAh custom bar fast-charging battery that supports 30W wired fast flash charging + 30W wireless fast flash charging + 10W wireless reverse charging.
Xiaomi Mi 10 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4780mAh (Typical) / 4680mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging