Last month, Chinese company Vivo announced the iQOO Z1 5G smartphone – the first device with the MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ processor. Now it is reported that a new variant called iQOO Z1x is being prepared for release.
iQOO is preparing a new mid-range Z1x phone with the Snapdragon 765G
It is known that instead of the Dimensity 1000+ chip, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 765G product will be used. This processor contains eight Kryo 475 cores with a clock frequency of up to 2.4 GHz, an Adreno 620 GPU and an X52 modem with support for fifth-generation mobile networks.
The iQOO Z1 is equipped with a 6.57-display with a 144 Hz refresh rate, a 16-megapixel front camera and a triple rear camera in a configuration of 48 + 8 + 2 MP. The amount of RAM is 6/8 GB while the capacity of a flash drive is 128/256 GB.
The upcoming iQOO Z1x smartphone will most likely not receive a 144-Hz screen, but the panel size may remain the same. The amount of RAM can be reduced to 4 GB. The official presentation of the new smartphone should happen before the end of this month.
We add that in the first quarter of this year, 299.1 million smartphones were sold worldwide (data provided by Gartner). On an annualized basis, shipments fell by 20.2%.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the iQOO Z1 5G:
iQOO Z1 5G specifications
- 6.57-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 144Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, 96% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with iQOO UI 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 112° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio certification
- Dimensions:163.97x 75.53x 8.93mm; Weight:194.78g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 44W Super FlashCharge 2.0 fast charging
Vivo IQOO Z1 was available for pre-order since May 19, and was available for sale from June 1. Two gradient colors are available: blue and silver. There are three configurations depending on the amount of memory: 6/128, 8/128 and 8/256 GB at a price of 2198, 2498 and 2798 yuan, respectively (310, 350 and 400 dollars). The manufacturer does also offer discounted accessories for customers. Outside of China, the IQOO series, unfortunately, is not available.