Honor, a sub-brand of Huawei is expanding its options with affordable phones as well as flagships. In this context, Honor 8S 2020 budget smartphone has been officially introduced.
The budget Honor 8S 2020 smartphone has been officially introduced
The new smartphone has a 5.71-inch IPS LCD display with 720 x 1520 pixel resolution, the Honor 8S 2020 is powered by the MediaTek Helio A22 processor, manufactured with a 12 nm process and running at 2 GHz. The front has a 5 Megapixel f/2.2 camera, while the rear has a 13 Megapixel f/1.8 camera.
The phone, powered by a 3020 mAh battery, has a micro-USB port. Out of the box, it comes with EMUI 9 user interface and Android 9 operating system. It also hosts Google applications and services. Only 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage comes as standard.
The price of the Honor 8S 2020, which is sold in the UK, is £99.99 or about $126. The phone comes in Navy Blue color.
HONOR 8S 2020 specifications
- Display: 5.71-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 FullView display
- SoC: 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor; IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 64GB; expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Rear – 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Front- 5MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- Sensors: Proximity, Accelerometer, and Ambient light sensor
- Dimensions: 147.13 × 70.78 × 8.45mm; Weight: 146g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Battery: 3020mAh
Magic UI 3.1 update
Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, is quite good with updates for its smartphones. Its latest update, EMUI 10.1/Magic UI 3.1 has been around for some time. Many Huawei and Honor devices already have the beta version of this update. A couple of weeks ago, the company announced that EMUI 10.1/Magic UI 3.1 beta was available for 15 Huawei/Honor devices. After that, the company showed that 13 Huawei/Honor devices are now receiving the stable EMUI 10.1 update. Now, the company has confirmed 36 Huawei and Honor models in plans to get the update. Some of these models have already received the stable or the beta version of the update. However, the other devices should get it in the coming weeks.
Here is the new list of Honor devices eligible for the Magic UI 3.1 update:
- Honor V30 (Magic UI 3.1)
- Honor-V30 Pro (Magic UI 3.1)
- Honor V20 (Magic UI 3.1)
- Honor Magic 2 (Magic UI 3.1)
- Honor-20 (Magic UI 3.1)
- Honor 20 Pro (Magic UI 3.1)
- Honor 20S (Magic UI 3.1)
- Honor-9X (EMUI 10.1)
- Honor 9X Pro (EMUI 10.1)
- Honor 20 Youth Edition (EMUI 10.1)