Samsung is actively preparing the Galaxy Watch 3 smartwatch. It should be released simultaneously with the Galaxy Note 20 in early August. Despite the fact that more than a month remains before the premiere, live photos of the Galaxy Watch 3 appeared on the Web – for the first time with the screen on.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3: New leaked photos reveal Tizen OS redesign
Judging by them, the interface will not change much, and the entire set of standard applications from the current Samsung smartwatch will switch to new ones. However, there are some minor changes: for example, the Galaxy Store icon has slightly changed in design and color. This may indicate a new version of Tizen OS, which will be presented simultaneously with the Galaxy Watch 3.
Samsung does not want users to have the false impression that their upcoming smartwatch will be inferior to Galaxy Watch Active2, for that reason, it comes with Watch 3 moniker. Usually, we take certification documents to testify when a device is close to release. Recently, India’s Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) listed three distinct device models: SM-R845F, SM-R755F, and SMR850F. The latter of these remains a mystery, the other two already come-up in recent Bluetooth Certification documents.
These are version models of the upcoming Galaxy Watch 3. The new smartwatch should be available in two distinct size options – 41mm and 45mm. Both variants will have 1GB of RAM and 8GB of Onboard Storage. Moreover, the watches will count with MIL-STD-810G and IP68 certification. They are likely to come with Tizen 5.5 OS. The software reaffirms Samsung’s strategy of controlling the software and hardware of its wearables just like Apple does with its successful lineup of watches. According to the previously leaked images, the smartwatch marks the return of the rotating bezel. However, it’s slimmer than before to ensure a larger screen area than previous-generation Galaxy Watches.
Currently, Samsung has the Galaxy Watch Active2 as its best smartwatch in the market. It has already been very successful since reaching the market. And here is a reminder of its specifications.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G (44mm) specifications
- 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM (Samsung/Non-Samsung), and iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above. Also, for this eSIM version, pairing the watch with your phone for the first time and activation requires a Samsung phone
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9 mm; Weight: 30g (Aluminum) / 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm)
- e-SIM, 4G LTE B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B20, and B66
- LTE function is compatibility only for Samsung smartphones
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh battery with WPC-based wireless charging