The Samsung Galaxy S20 series is currently receiving its latest update which brings the July security patch. Well, this is a surprise considering that we are still in June. Looking at the changelog of this update, it is not just a simple security patch update. This update also comes with some significant changes to the camera. It improves the video stabilization and zoom functions to achieve better camera experience.
Furthermore, this update brings a feature that allows users to use Bluetooth microphones when recording audio via the Voice Recording app. However, the update terminates support for MirrorLink. Recall that Samsung has since announced that it will stop support for MirrorLink, Car Mode, and Find My Car.
The latest update is designated G98xNKSU1ATFD and it weighs just under 400MB. It is currently rolling out OTA in South Korea. If you own the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, or S20 Ultra, you should get this update in the coming days. As usual, all units will not receive this update simultaneously thus you may have to wait longer. If you have not gotten a notification for the update, you may check for it manually. Go to Settings, accessing Software Update, and tapping Download and install.
As of now, there is no information on the availability of this update outside South Korea. Keep a tab with us and we will keep you abreast with the update rollout in other regions.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Series specifications
- S20 – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 563 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- S20+ – 6.7-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate
- S20 Ultra 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 511 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB (12GB in S20 Ultra) LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Galaxy S20 and S20+ – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS, 64MP Telephoto lens with 76° FoV, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 3X, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 30X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera (S20+)
- S20 Ultra – 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 48MP Telephoto lens with 24° FoV, f/3.5 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 100X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera
- S20 and S20+ – 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra – 40MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- S20 Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- S20+ Dimensions: 161.9 x 73.7 x 7.8mm; Weight: 186g
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8mm; Weight: 220g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- Galaxy S20 — 4,000mAh (typical) / 3880mAh (minimum) battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- S20+ — 4,500mAh (typical) / 4370mAh (minimum) battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- S20 Ultra — 5000mAh (typical) / 4,855mAh (minimum) battery with 45W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare