Judging by the latest leaks, very soon Xiaomi will announce a new smartphone in the Redmi lineup – Redmi K30 Ultra. But, as it turned out, Redmi is already preparing the next-gen lineup, because data appeared on the network about the possible release dates of inexpensive flagships Redmi K40 and K40 Pro.
Redmi K40 is coming later this year and will run the Snapdragon 775 SoC
This time, the source of the fresh information was a popular Internet insider from China under the nickname Digital Chat Station. It was he who published data on the local Weibo social network that the Redmi K40 should go on sale by the end of 2020, around the fourth quarter, and the Snapdragon 775 processor will form the basis of the device. As for the Pro version of the device, it will appear at the beginning of next year, and the device will work on the Snapdragon 875 SoC, which by that time should already be presented. Unfortunately, today this is all the information that we have about these smartphones.
Recall that according to recent data, the Redmi K30 Ultra will be built on the basis of MediaTek Dimensity 1000+, which will allow it to become both an inexpensive smartphone and a smartphone with support for fifth-generation 5G mobile networks.
Gizchina News of the week
It is worth to mention that in March 2020, Redmi has officially launched the K30 and K30 Pro smartphones, and here is a reminder of their specifications.
Redmi K30 Pro / K30 Pro Zoom Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 1200nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Redmi K30 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens. 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro. 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens. 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- Redmi K30 Pro zoom edition – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, OIS. 8MP telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS. 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens. 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- Water resistant (IP53)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging