The smartphone market is finally getting back on track after a disastrous start this year on the face of COVID-19. Companies like Motorola had to change their plans for some smartphone lineups, but now, they seem to be in a roll! The Lenovo-owned firm released its first 5G phones a few months ago in the form of Motorola Edge and Edge+. The latter is the first flagship after some years focusing on the mid-range market. On July 2, Motorola announced the Motorola One Fusion and followed with the Moto G 5G Plus and Motorola One Vision Plus last week. Now, it seems that we’ll be seeing a new Moto G phone later this month, namely the Moto G9 Plus.
— Sudhanshu (@Sudhanshu1414) July 13, 2020
The Moto G9 Plus has been spotted in an online price. The leakster Sudhanshu Ambhose just shared a screenshot of the phone’s price on Twitter. According to the leak, the phone price will start at €227.15. That’s a bit expensive depending on the specifications. All we know is that this price stands for the variant with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of Internal Storage. The listing also reveals that the device has dual-SIM Support, a recurring feature among Moto G series.
Unfortunately, the leaked screenshot doesn’t list the full specifications. It also does not include an image of the handset. Worth noting that it’s not too early for a successor for the Moto G8 Plus which was released in October 2019. The other Moto G9 devices are expected to launch much later, on the other hand. If the info about Moto G9 Plus is accurate, then, more information will emerge in the coming days. Despite the price, we don’t expect this to be a 5G smartphone as Motorola already has a separate Moto G 5G Plus smartphone. Of course, the 5G capabilities make it much more expensive at $450. You can read more about its specs below.
Moto G 5G PLUS SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.7-inch (1080 × 2520 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 21:9 aspect ratio HDR10 display with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage. Or 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory up to 1TB
- Dual SIM (2 nano SIM + 1 microSD)
- Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Quad pixel technology, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 4K 30fps, 1080p 60fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm headset jack, Bottom-ported loudspeaker, Smart PA
- Dimensions:168 x 74 x 9mmmm; Weight: 207g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS, Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 20W TurboPower fast charging