Xiaomi has started selling one of its anniversary devices- Redmi K30 Ultra. The device is built on the MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ chipset, offers a 120-Hz display, a 64-megapixel main camera, a pop-up front camera (and hence a full-screen display) and a price tag of 1999 yuan ($288) for the basic version.
The first 100,000 unit of the Redmi K30 Ultra sold out in a minute
All of this contributed to the K30 Ultra’s initial success. According to Xiaomi’s official social media post, the first hundred thousand units were sold out in a minute. The impressive numbers were recorded from 10:00 to 10:01 local time on August 14.
Later, rumors spread that the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra and Redmi K30 Ultra would remain exclusive products for China and would not appear elsewhere in the world. But, there is an official comment that will delight fans.
Gizchina News of the week
Daniel D, Senior Product Marketing Manager and Global Representative of Xiaomi, clarified on his social media page that the company does not have a clear plan for the global launch of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra smartphones, Redmi K30 Ultra smartphones, Mi transparent TV and Ninebot GoKart Pro Lamborghini Edition racing kart. However, he advised fans to keep a close eye on future news. This clearly indicates that the company has simply decided to split Chinese and global launches.
We can assume that Xiaomi will arrange a global presentation of these new products in the fall. It has chosen a similar strategy in the past with previous flagship smartphones.
REDMI K30 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1200nit (HBM) / 500nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75 μm
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 163.3×75.4×9.1mm; Weight: 213g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 33W fast charging, QC 4+ / PD