South Korean manufacturing giant, Samsung, already has a couple of foldable phones. However, as one of the pioneers of the foldable screen technology, the company will still release more foldable devices. Recently, a new Samsung phone passed the WiFi Alliance certification, the model is SM-F415F/DS. Unfortunately, the WiFi Alliance listing does not reveal the details of Samsung’s new foldable phone. Nevertheless, the model number indicates that this is a Galaxy foldable smartphone.
For reference, the model number of the first-generation Galaxy Fold is SM-F900. In addition, the model number of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is SM-F700. It appears that Samsung’s foldable phones have model numbers starting with “SM-Fxxx”. The newly certified SM-F415F/DS model is considered a cheap version of Fold because it is part of the F400 series. There are also reports that this phone may be called Galaxy Fold Lite.
Last year, there were rumors that Samsung is planning to release a foldable smartphone with a “friendly price”. However, no matter how friendly the pricing of this smartphone will be, buyers may still have to pay over $1000. This is because the original Samsung Galaxy Fold starting price is about $2000.
Gizchina News of the week
Looking at the Galaxy Z Fold 2 with model number F91, the “1” in the model number indicates the second-generation model. The model number of the new Galaxy Z Flip 5G is F70x. This means it is not the first-generation product to be relabeled. However, the WiFi Alliance certification indicates that the device does not support WiFi 6. Probably because the Galaxy Fold “cheap version” will use non-flagship chips.
According to previous reports, this cheap version of Samsung’s foldable phone supports dual SIM cards. It also comes with 64GB and 128GB storage specifications, with blue, black, and emerald colors. Like we said earlier, this device is a cheaper version of the Galaxy Fold. Here is the full specification of the Galaxy Fold
Samsung Galaxy Fold specifications
- 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display, 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,380mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging