Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has a lot of laptops on its shelf. Earlier today, the company announced that the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro will drop by 900 yuan ($131). The final selling price is now 4999 yuan ($730). The Mi Notebook Pro uses a 15.6-inch 100% sRGB high color gamut display with a screen-to-body ratio of 81.5% and a wide viewing angle of 178°. It also boasts of a 6.53mm narrow bezel.
In terms of core configuration, it uses a tenth-generation Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB memory + 512GB SSD. It also comes with a TD 25W NVIDIA GeForce MX250 high-performance discrete graphics, and NVIDIA Pascal architecture. This combination guarantees a more realistic image effect.
In terms of heat dissipation, the Mi Notebook Pro uses a dual heat pipe heat dissipation system. This is an upgrade from the single heat pipe of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 2019 model. It has a larger heat conduction area as well as an efficient/rapid cooling. This fully releases the performance of the processor and graphics card.
In addition, the Mi Notebook Pro has 7 major interfaces. It has the Mi multi-function adapter, the USB interface, HDMI interface, VGA interface, Mini DP interface, and Gigabit Ethernet port. Furthermore, it is worth noting that this notebook is also equipped with fingerprint recognition. It uses a static push-type fingerprint unlock which activates the device in 2 seconds i.e. to enter the desktop mode. This notebook also comes with 2 x 2.5W speakers with Harman Audio and support for Dolby Audio Premium. It also uses a full-size backlit keyboard.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro (2020) specifications
- 15.6-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) with 178-degree wide viewing angle, 300 nits brightness, 100% sRGB colour gamut, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-10510U (8MB L3 Cache, up to 4.9GHz) / 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-10210U (6MB L3 Cache, up to 4.2GHz) (Comet Lake) processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 2GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GPU
- 8GB/16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM, 512GB / 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 1MP HD webcam, digital array microphone
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 1.5mm keystroke, 3nits backlight brightness
- Intel 2×2 802.11 ac Wi-Fi dual-band (2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0
- 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.1, 2 x USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, 3-in-1 card reader (supports SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- 2.5W × 2 speakers, Audio by Harman, supports Dolby AudioTM Premium
- Dimensions: 360.7 x 243.6 x 16.9 mm; Weight: ~2kg
- Windows 10 Home Edition
- 60Wh battery with 1C fast charge that provides 50% charge in 40 minutes