Earlier this year, it became known that Samsung is developing a proprietary One UI 2.5 update for its smartphones. The new software debuted with the Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Z Flip 5G and the Galaxy Tab S7 series. On the launch day of these devices, the South Korean firm released One UI 2.5 for the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Z Flip lineup. The company has now begun rolling out the One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy S10 series.
Samsung Galaxy S10 series gets One UI 2.5 with a lot of new features
This 963.49 MB update includes the September 2020 Android security fixes. One UI 2.5 update includes Wireless DeX mode, which debuted on the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Tab S7 series. It allows you to wirelessly display your smartphone’s DeX UI screen on any TV with Miracast function. There is a quick switch for Wireless DeX mode and options for adjusting screen scaling and font size.
The firmware also includes an improved Pro Video Mode in the camera app, an easier way to share Wi-Fi credentials with other Galaxy devices, and the ability to search for YouTube videos in the keyboard app. Pro Video mode allows you to select video resolution and frame rate, microphone (front, rear, both, USB or Bluetooth).
Other features that are part of the update include support for Bitmoji Stickers for Always On Display, split keyboard in landscape mode, preconfigured SOS messages, and the ability to send SOS location messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The firmware contains other bug fixes, security improvements, and overall device performance. If you’re a Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, or Galaxy S10+ user, you can check for the update by navigating to the phone’s Settings menu, selecting Software update, and tapping Download and install.
Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ specifications
- S10 – 6.1-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 550ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- S10+ – 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 522ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- S10 – 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- S10+ – 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB/1TB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- S10 and S10+ – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV (S10+ only)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- S10 Dimensions: 149.9×70.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 157g
- S10+ Dimensions: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8mm; Weight: 175g (Ceramic: 198g)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S10 – 3,400mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- S10+ – 4,100mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare