Xiaomi has patented a smartphone. A bit ordinary news and we would have bypassed it, if not for one thing. This is a strange mobile phone. Do you want a smartphone, the display of which would not be disfigured by a cutout or a notch for the front camera? Are you tired of all these usual pop-up cameras? Then we propose to look at this Xiaomi patent.
As is often the case, the LetsGoDigital website, which regularly scans the databases of patent offices in search of something interesting or outlandish, has revealed this new patent. In the website of the State Intellectual Property Office of China, they managed to find images of a strange Xiaomi smartphone.
The illustrations make it clear that the company is thinking about creating a full-screen smartphone that is visually free of cameras both in front and on the back. And the secret is that four camera sensors are hiding on the top end, built into two sliding modules: two sensors in the front and two in the back.
But these two pop-up modules do not extend straight, but inclined, at an angle to each other. This is how the engineers playfully beat the already boring solution with pop-up cameras. But there was not enough space for the LED flash in the retractable modules, so it was left on the backside.
XIAOMI MI 10 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB. 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage. 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging