Last month, Xiaomi released the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (or Extreme Commemorative Edition). This smartphone was used to mark the company’s tenth anniversary. According to a recent report, the company has released a firmware update that adjusts some aspects of this device. The Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra got the MIUI 12.0.10 update a few days ago. This update upgrades the camera to the DXOMARK version. It also brings optimizations for the battery, display, charging temperature control, and video toolbox.
According to netizens, this update sees to properly improve the charging protocol. Usually, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra takes 23 minutes for a proper 100% full charge. However, after the first 10 minutes, the battery shows 100% but the actual charge is 92.77%. It charges with 9.75Wh in 10 minutes and 100W only lasts for about 1 minute.
However, after the update, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra takes 23 minutes for a proper 100% full charge. However, after the first 10 minutes, the battery shows 100% but the actual charge is 93.50%. It charges with 11.72Wh in 10 minutes and 100W lasts for about 13s. After the update, the 100W charging time becomes shorter, but the charge is more in 10 minutes. Other changes in the charging capacity are not significant.
Gizchina News of the week
The Xiaomi Mi 10 comes with a 50W wireless charging and 120W wired charging. The company claims that it can charge 41% in 5 minutes and 100% in 23 minutes. In addition, the Mi 10 Extreme Commemorative Edition uses a graphene-based butterfly fast charge battery, equivalent to 4500mAh. It adopts a leading triple fast charge architecture, multi-level current taper technology, 34 levels of safety protection measures, and has the German Rheinland safe fast charge certification.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage / 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, dual-tone triple LED flash, 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS, 20MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4360mAh (Minimum) battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging