Earlier last week, the South Korean company unveiled its wild smartphone LG Wing. We learned everything about the device except for the most important thing – its price tag. Today, the company finally decided to announce the price of the smartphone.
LG Wing: the price tag of the new rotating-screen phone has been revealed
As suggested by many publications, the device will cost almost $1000, or more precisely, $940. LG Wing will launch in South Korea next month, with other markets to follow, according to new information.
It is interesting that some publications, including Korean ones, considered that the price tag is quite “budgetary”, given that we have a product that has no alternatives. By the way, the manufacturer decided not to accept pre-orders for the device.
LG plans to run an active promotional campaign throughout October, which will allow customers to receive a 70% discount coupon for screen replacement within two years of purchase.
Gizchina News of the week
The main feature of the LG Wing is its secondary screen. The main display is hinged and can be rotated 90 degrees, opening, if necessary, a second screen. The second display, in turn, is fixed in one place and hidden behind the first screen.
To reinforce the design of the smartphone, the company used a special design using hydraulic dampers for greater strength.
Recall that LG Wing is the first smartphone from the new line of LG Explorer. The company decided to spend more effort and money on expanding the number of unusual smartphones.
LG WING specifications
- 6.8-inch (2440 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20.5: 9 aspect ratio P-OLED display, 3.9-inch (1240 x 1080 pixels) 1.15:1 G-OLED second screen
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 13MP 117° ultra-wide lens with f/1.9 aperture, 12MP 120° ultra-wide Gimbal mode Camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP pop-up front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 169.5 x 74.5 x 10.9 mm; Weight: 260g
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance, Water and Dust Resistance (IP54)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (Typical) battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ 25W fast charging, 10w wireless charging
The LG WING comes in Aurora Gray and Illusion Sky colors and will roll out in South Korea starting from October followed by key markets in North America and Europe.