Apple released its latest iPhones a few days ago and these devices are its first-ever 5G smartphones. In addition to its support for 5G, there are other features in this phone that are worth discussing. Over the past few days, we have been discussing the operability of the new iPhone 12 series. Today, we have information that the Lidar scanner in the iPhone 12 Pro can measure the user’s height. How is this possible?
The iPhone 12 Pro models use a new lidar scanner to enhance the AR experience. However, the sensor can also achieve another unique function. Users can use the Measure Application to instantly measure a person’s height. According to Apple, you can even measure the height of a person sitting in a chair.
When the Measure app detects a person in the viewfinder, it will automatically measure the height from the ground to the top of the head, hat, or hair.
To measure a person’s height, open the Measure application, and let the person you want to measure appear on the screen from head to toe. After a short while, a line will appear on the top of the character with their height measurement value. Depending on whether the English or metric system is selected under Settings > Measurement > Measurement units, the measurement value will appear in feet and inches or centimeters.
The circular shutter button in the lower right corner allows you to take photos of people with their height measurements and share them with them. However, it is important to note that only the Pro models with a Lidar scanner have this feature. This also includes the 2020 iPad Pro which comes with a Lidar scanner.
Here are the specifications of the iPhone 12 Pro models
Apple iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max specifications
- iPhone 12 Pro- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 Pro Max -6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB,256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- iPhone 12 Pro- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture with 4x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 10x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, 1.7μm pixel size, Sensor-shift optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, 5x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 12x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- iPhone 12 Pro dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 187grams
- iPhone 12 Pro Max dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.4mm; Weight: 226grams
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (iPhone 12 Pro) / 20 hours (iPhone 12 Pro Max) of video playback