At Nokia’s phone conference on September 22, HMD officially launched two low-end models, Nokia 3.4 and Nokia 2.4. The Nokia 3.4 starts at 159 euros ($188) while Nokia 2.4 starts at 119 euros ($141). However, this smartphone is currently only available in Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Nevertheless, recent reports show that this device will be making its way into India by the end of this month. This launch will mark its official entry into the Asian market.
The Nokia 2.4 comes with a MediaTek Helio P22 processor. This smartphone uses a 6.5-inch waterdrop screen with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. In the camera department, it boasts of a dual rear camera setup. It has a 13MP + 2MP camera configuration on the rear while the front has a 5MP lens. On the software end, this device comes with the Android 10 based operating system out-of-the-box. In terms of memory configuration, this smartphone has two options – 2GB + 32GB and 3GB + 64GB storage configurations. On the battery side, the Nokia 2.4 has a built-in 4500 mAh battery.
On the network end, please note that this device is a 4G smartphone. It does not support the latest 5G connectivity. Furthermore, this device comes with a rear fingerprint recognition sensor and supports microSD card (up to 512GB) expansion. It is 8.69mm thick and weighs 189 grams.
As of now, there is no information on the official retail price of this device in India. However, considering the specs of this smartphone and previous practices, it should hit the shelves for about RMB 1,000.
As of now, this device is only available in a handful of markets. It is not even available in the Chinese market for now. However, it is a good decision to bring this device to India. Entry-level smartphones perform well in India so long as they are not overpriced.
Nokia 2.4 specifications
- 6.5-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 32GB storage / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10, upgradable to Android 11 and 12
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 165.85×76.30×8.69mm; Weight: 189g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 4500mAh battery